Englaw. Tłumaczenia, Szkolenia Językowe, Consulting. Przemysław Kusik
We work Mon-Fri 7.00 a.m.-3.30 p.m. CET
Please use the contact form to submit a file and get a quote or to enquire about our services (in the case of more files or unusual formats, please contact us directly by e-mail)
Data security and an information clause for persons requesting a free quote and persons ordering translation, language and training services (GDPR)
Confidentiality and protection of customer data are some of the elements of a certified (sworn) translator’s professional ethics. Translation services are services based on trust, which is why all entities and individuals cooperating with EngLaw can be sure that their data are processed in a secure manner, and that the texts submitted are subject to the obligation of confidentiality. Providing personal data is voluntary, but in some cases necessary to fulfil the order. By submitting an enquiry, including a document for quotation (also through the contact form), or ordering a translation, proofreading or other language or training service, you consent to the processing of personal data in accordance with the following clause. In the case of any doubts as regards submitting an inquiry or any specific requirements (an NDA, etc.) or reservations, please contact me by phone or include the relevant information in your email message.
In connection with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, relating to the protection of personal data (GDPR), below is an information clause regarding data processing.
- The controller of your personal data is EngLaw. Tłumaczenia, Szkolenia Językowe, Consulting. Przemysław Kusik, address: ul. Przyjazna 4, 41-706 Ruda Śląska, Poland.
- Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes: 1. preparation of a free quote for you; 2. providing translation and other services; 3. ongoing communication with you as a client; 4. the fulfilment of requirements arising from legal provisions, 5. the use of source texts and completed translations to perform a new translation, as well as to supplement, update, modify, duplicate, or re-print an already completed translation in the future; 6. the use of source texts and completed translations for the translator’s own professional development purposes and building the translator’s own knowledge base, and 7. handling complaints and disputes.
- Providing contact details is necessary to enable communication with you, which is a condition for preparing a quote and, potentially, for concluding and performing a contract. In the case of documents containing personal data, sending documents, and thus providing the personal data contained in them, is necessary for concluding a contract for the translation or proofreading of the entire content of such documents. In the case of certified translation, providing your name and surname is necessary for making an entry into the repertory, i.e. the list of activities performed by a certified (sworn) translator. Providing these data is mandatory and is based on the requirement to designate the principal or ordering party arising from the Act on the Profession of a Sworn Translator. Refusal to provide the necessary data will result in the inability to fulfil your order. If you wish to receive an invoice, it will be necessary to provide the data needed for its issue as set out in the tax regulations imposing this obligation on you. Otherwise, it will not be possible to issue an invoice other than a simplified invoice, which may be issued up to the amount specified in the current regulations.
- The ground for data processing for the purposes described in points 1, 3 and 5 is your consent. In the case of the purposes described in point 2, the ground for processing is that the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract. In the case of the purposes described in points 6 and 7, the ground for processing is the controller’s legitimate interest consisting in professional development and building a knowledge base necessary for conducting translation activities (6) as well as reliable handling of complaints and enforcing rights and obligations arising from possible claims (7).
- You have the right to request access to your personal data, the right to have your data rectified or erased, the right to restriction of processing and portability of your personal data, as well as the right to object to data processing and withdraw your consent at any time (the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal), and the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body: the President of the Polish Personal Data Protection Office (Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych).
- To the extent required by law, your personal data (data on invoices and bills) will be stored no longer than required by the current tax regulations. The contact details will be stored until you withdraw your consent. Copies of translations will be stored for a period of time during which, pursuant to legal provisions, they may be necessary for the purpose of handling complaints and disputes; in addition to this, they may also be stored for an indefinite period in order to perform a new translation on their basis, as well as to supplement, update, correct, duplicate or reprint an already completed translation in the future at your request. Copies of some translated texts (in the original or target language) may be stored for an indefinite period exclusively for the purposes of the translator’s own professional development and building a knowledge base. Every three years, a review of the stored documents and contact details is carried out so as to determine the further legitimacy of their processing.
- All inquiries, notifications and requests related to the processing of personal data may be directed to the following email address: email@example.com.